Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4gHZ issue with unable to connect/dropped connections

Hipjimmer
Tutor

2.4gHZ issue with unable to connect/dropped connections

I have a AC2400/R7350 Nighthawk router that started having issues with the 2.4 GHz channel.  I have just purchased this and it replaced an N900 that never/ever dropped bands or connections.

I have a feeling it may be linked to the new firmware upgrade but not sure. The 2.4 GHz channel works fine after a reboot for a few hours, after which it will not allow me to connect to the channel.  After some time, the provisioned/connected devices lose their 2.4GHz connection. The 5 GHz channels work fine. This runs a lot of home automation and will go back in the box if this can't get resolved.

FW: V1.2.0.76_1.0.1

Guest Network: Enabled with Different SSID

Did anyone else have similar issues and if so any suggested solutions that will work?  

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Hipjimmer
Tutor

I set the 2.4gHZ band to Channel 11 and after a week or so, this appears to be resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you try changing wifi channels? 

Or even just a factory reset and reinstall? sometimes the firmware auto-update installs and can cause issues. Its why some people prefer to disable auto-update. 

Message 2 of 6
Hipjimmer
Tutor

I set the 2.4gHZ band to Channel 11 and after a week or so, this appears to be resolved.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad it was an easy fix!

Message 4 of 6
Hipjimmer
Tutor

It would appear that the saying, "Not so fast" is in order.  The issue reappeared just yesterday.  So this is still unresolved.

I have now unchecked "Enable beamforming" in the advanced wireless screen.  Will see if that helps now.

What happened THAT VERY day may be a clue.

1. New amazon wifi plug was added to the device list

2. One of Two Roku streaming devices was turned on and connected to my WIFI extender.

One of those two events may have contributed to the 2.4ghz network being unable to be joined and some devices being unreachable (like home automation devices).

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

how many devices do you have? 

How many are on 2.4ghz?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation