Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 PS4's won't stay connected at the same time...

2 PS4's won't stay connected at the same time...

Guys and gals, I'm begging for your help. I moved last year and purchased the nighthawk R7000 and ever since, my son and I have been unable to play on the same game with our PS4's. We play Battlefield 4 to be specific and everytime now that we try to link up one of us gets kicked and the error always says "lost connection to the session". We never had this issue before. I've done all I know to do with my limited techy skills. Please help.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Wow, I fixed it after all this time. I deleted the port forward stuff I had done months ago and I redid the port forwarding for one of the ps4's. Tested it and BAM! Perfect! Thanks to y'all that responded.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies

Message 2 of 8
TheEther
Guru

What have you done so far?
Message 3 of 8
txchuko
Guide

try the following first you must login to your router settings interface (192.168.1.1), default login is user:admin and pw: password

(you must do this from computer that is wired to the router)

go to the "advanced section" and keep clickign thru all the settings till you find "upnp"

1) from there make sure UPNP is enabled.

2) Then look for an option under "Wan Setup" somewhere in the advanced setting that says "Nat Filtering" and make sure that is disabled.

You can lookup the exact steps for upnp and nat filtering by googlding for example "netgear 7500 upnp" or "netgear 7500 nat filtering"

thats what worked for me to allow 3 ps4s online at the same time. I have 1 wired and 2 wireless. if it makes a difference i would recomment you keep 1 wired and 1 wireless, or both wireless. for some reason mine gives me problems when i have them both wired.

if that doest work you can try setting up 1 ps4 on dmz, port forwarding, but likely the issue will get fixed by having upnp enabled and nat filtering turned off

Message 4 of 8

Wow, I fixed it after all this time. I deleted the port forward stuff I had done months ago and I redid the port forwarding for one of the ps4's. Tested it and BAM! Perfect! Thanks to y'all that responded.
Message 5 of 8
txchuko
Guide

sweet! if you happen to have more issues try taking off the port forward , enable UPNP, and turn "Nat Filtering" off, that fixed it for me. I was always able to play but on black ops i had 1 ps4 on nat type to "OPEN", and the other was alawys on "Moderate', after setting up this way now they are both always on open.

good luck gaming with your son its a lot of fun! i do it also with my kid.

Message 6 of 8

txchuko,
Thank you so much for your help. I had actually sat down at the computer to follow your procedure and my son showed me the video. After watching the video I realized that I had set up the previous port forwarding wrong to begin with so I agreed to try it first real quick. I was shocked when it worked. I've saved your response for the future for sure! If y'all roll on PS4 send me an invite.
Message 7 of 8

Check your private messages.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7