Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 28743565

@Auroradawn wrote:
BTW the channels only goes as high as 11 in 2g and 5g

To repeat what has been said before, channel 11 has nothing to do with 5 GHz.

But glad to hear that whatever you did fixed it.

Message 26 of 35
IrvSp
Master

@Auroradawn wrote:
Resolved it by placing the 5G on the first of the router to be connected to followed by the 2g. Now it works. Thank you folks for the help. BTW the channels only goes as high as 11 in 2g and 5g

That makes no sense? I don't know your router or setting, but does it have SMART CONNECT? If so, then you will ONLY see the 2.4Ghz SSID if on?

If on, TURN IT OFF, it causes more problems than it fixes I feel.

You WIRELESS SETTINGS page should look like my R8000's, does it (see screen capture on left)?

Message 27 of 35
schumaku
Guru

@Auroradawn wrote:
Resolved it by placing the 5G on the first of the router to be connected to followed by the 2g.

Not aware that a common Android systems does offer any kind of wireless preference sorting. 

Message 28 of 35
Auroradawn
Aspirant

No it has nothing to do with android. In my Netgear using genie you can sort out all the WiFi displayed in your router. I moved to a new place and the routers showing are not mine only the 2g as the first one found. So I moved the 5G all the way to the top followed by my 2g. My 5G was all the way down. I guess that is what it means to be out of range. You figure but it is resolved and I’m happy.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 29 of 35
Auroradawn
Aspirant

Nothing to do with android. My WiFi list on my Netgear settings has a list of routers and the 5G is way at the bottom. I moved it up as the first WiFi to look for followed by my 2g. You figure I never dreamt of this solution but it did
Message 30 of 35
schumaku
Guru

@Auroradawn wrote:
My WiFi list on my Netgear settings has a list of routers and the 5G is way at the bottom. I moved it up as the first WiFi to look for followed by my 2g. You figure I never dreamt of this solution but it did

Please provide a screenshot or photo of the UI of the "Netgear settings" you think has fixed the connectivity.

Still can't think the Netgear R6700v2 router (or is there more than one Netgear device, like an addiitonal extender) does not have to maintain such a list ...

Message 31 of 35
Auroradawn
Aspirant

Message 32 of 35
schumaku
Guru

Well @Auroradawn, that's Genie (either on a Mac or on Windows), showing the list of wireless networks as seen by this computer, with the currently connected one on top, and below sorted on the signal level. Nothing of this does impact or change your Android devices connectivity I'm afraid - this is only about your computer wireless connection (duplicating the Windows or macOS wireless selection functionality).

This does not configure anything on the router, too.

The Genie program is a (sorry @YeZ for having to repeat this from now on with every occurrence of customer confusion - I'll stop when Netgear does fix this nightmare) a single mess - completely confusing, and mixing local client functionality, local network information, with some local or remote (via the Netgear cloud) management. Only what is located in the [Router Settings] does configure the router. 

Message 33 of 35
Auroradawn
Aspirant

Do not really understand what you are saying but it resolved my “out of range” problem. That is all I care about.
Message 34 of 35
schumaku
Guru

The control you shown this has not fixed anything - as it does not change anything on the router configuration.

We're always keen to learn however.

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7