Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

401 Error Message

mitchren93
Follower

401 Error Message

I just moved into a new place and I was using the cable company provided router for a month until my Nighthawk was shipped from my old home. I had no issues. I switched to my Nighthawk and I noticed an issue with the connection to my Xbox.

First, the hard wired connection would not work at all. I flip flopped ethernets bewtween the modem/router and the xbox/router and still nothing. The wireless connection worked but I was having issues with some of my streaming apps that worked previously. 

Second, I logged in to my nighthawk app and saw there was a firmware update. In hopes it would help with the connectivity to the Xbox I installed the update. After the update, I could not connect to the internet through the router with the Xbox, my phone, nothing. I kept getting propmted to sign in to the network but the the 401 error message just kept popping up when i attempted to sign in. Same thing happened on the xbox via wired or wireless connections. 

I have read troubleshooting for the 401 error message but I am not having an issue with any one specific url so clearing caches has been useless. There is clearly an issue with the router as my internet worked fine with the cable company's hardware and I had the company at my house to install a booster the week prior.

How can I solve this 401 error messgae issue? Do I just have to perform a factory reset? 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7