Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

4v49837paoco5. Is there an update we missed

Kcirevam
Follower

4v49837paoco5. Is there an update we missed

Our internet carrier suggested that our router may need an update.  We have a user in our garage ( less than 125 ft from the router)  and the WiFi goes out often and our high speed internet is slower for him.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: 4v49837paoco5. Is there an update we missed

I have no idea what router you have? What  is in the subject is not a model router? Could be a S/N?

"We have a user in our garage ( less than 125 ft from the router) and the WiFi goes out often and our high speed internet is slower for him."

Wow, I don't know what your router is, but most can't put out an SSID that far with even a signal going that far much less strong? Even 100 feet basically line of sight is hard. Much less through walls or floors. My R8000 can't even do 70 feet and be useable.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Re: 4v49837paoco5. Is there an update we missed

I have no idea what router you have? What  is in the subject is not a model router? Could be a S/N?

"We have a user in our garage ( less than 125 ft from the router) and the WiFi goes out often and our high speed internet is slower for him."

Wow, I don't know what your router is, but most can't put out an SSID that far with even a signal going that far much less strong? Even 100 feet basically line of sight is hard. Much less through walls or floors. My R8000 can't even do 70 feet and be useable.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7