Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5.5 year AC1900 D7000 router

dtkr
Follower

5.5 year AC1900 D7000 router

Hi-

My internet has been inconsistent for a while--needing to turn off and on the power and to get wifi restored. this happens ~every 10 days, over the last week more frequently.

Over the weekend I moved the router from the basement to the main level and we have seen performance go worse with needing to power cycle the unit to get it to reconnect.  This is happening regardless of the device trying to connect to it

my router was bought in 5/2017 --5.5 years old.  is this a function of being an old router and needing a new one or something else?

I check the firmware and it is updated.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2

Re: 5.5 year AC1900 D7000 router

@dtkr wrote:

Hi-

My internet has been inconsistent for a while--needing to turn off and on the power and to get wifi restored. this happens ~every 10 days, over the last week more frequently.

What do you see when this happens?

Is it the Internet that dies or just the wifi?

What do the LEDs on the device look like when this happens?

@dtkr wrote:

my router was bought in 5/2017 --5.5 years old.  is this a function of being an old router and needing a new one or something else?

The D7000 is a DSL modem/router? Are you using it as that or as a router only device?

This makes me ask:

Over the weekend I moved the router from the basement to the main level and we have seen performance go worse with needing to power cycle the unit to get it to reconnect.  This is happening regardless of the device trying to connect to it

What else is on your network?

I check the firmware and it is updated.

How? The various "on board" and app checks are not reliable. The only way to confirm that is to tell us the number.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7