• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

5G Slowing down

I don't get as many 5G drop-outs as I used to but I still suffer from slowing 5G performance. Devices will be after a few days get very slow downloading stuff but when I switch over to the 2.4G network things get speedy again. The other option is to reboot the router to get things going on 5G again.

doesn't seem a lot of point having a 5G router so have disabled it for the time being hoping they get it sorted and have now decided just to try and get a stable 2.4G network - fingers crossed. I'll give it a couple of weeks and if I can't even get 2.4G reliably its going back to amazon.

R.
Message 1 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: 5G Slowing down

Had enough. Going back. Bye Bye Netgear, thank you Amazon

now what do I try? Maybe Asus but their forums don't always make pleasant reading!
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Have you tried FW version 1.0.3.60 http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25085 It show one of the Bug Fixes: •Fixed a potential memory leak issue which could cause WIFI connectivity loss. This could be the problem with connection speed slowing down and working after reboot. Don't forget to do factory default after firmware upgrade. In web GUI "ADVANCED" tab > "Administration" > "Backup Settings", click "Erase" button "Revert to factory default settings".
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yes. Tried that but thanks anyway
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Have you tried dd-wrt firmware? It really isn't difficult to use, and you'll not have those problems. The R7000 runs really well with dd-wrt, no 5GHz. drops, etc.
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

No, I did consider it but decided to get rid and wait for some AC maturity. I've ordered a cheap TP-Link to tide me over.
Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Have you seen the new Linky's router on Amazon it was just released. I'm tempted to getting it.
Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Virtuoso

What Linksys model are you referring to?
Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Linksys WRT1900AC, It's $250 right now
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Been around since April, I believe, thought maybe you were referring to a later model.

Thanks.
Message 10 of 11
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The WRT1900AC is not new - it's been available at the Linksys store and Best Buy for a couple of months.

It wasn't available on Amazon until this week, however.
Message 11 of 11