Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5G Stopped appearing on my devices as an available network. 5g Light on router is lit.

5G Stopped appearing on my devices as an available network. 5g Light on router is lit.

My R7000 has stopped broadcasting the 5g network on all my 5g capable devices. 5g Light on router is lit solidly ( not blinking) but network is no where to be found to connect to. I noticed this within the last few days, but before that everything worked. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5G Stopped appearing on my devices as an available network. 5g Light on router is lit.

Thank you very much!!! Worked like a charm nd I am now back up and running thanks to you!!!!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

Greetings,

In this situation:

Start by logging into the routers admin portal > Basic tab and use the reboot option to gracefully restart the router.

See if this restores the 5Ghz broadcast.  To rule out problems with a single device, try looking for the broadcast from more than one computer or mobile device to ensure its not a problem with the device you want to connect instead of the router. 

Still seeting the behavior?  Next step, use the [Erase] option i nthe routers GUI to reset the router to defaults.  After reboot you will be required to set the device up from a default state.  The installed FW remains unchanged, but any settings made since update or inital set up are erased. 

After set up, again test 5Ghz broadcast. 

Message 2 of 7

I unplugge the router from behind the unit, left unplugged for approx. 30 mins., plugged it back in and the network still doe not show on my other devices but on Netgear genie it states that I hsve 2 devices connected to 5g, but the device doesn't show the 5g networh for me to connect to. By the way, I unplgged because I could not find the rebbot button you suggested

Message 3 of 7

Greetings,

Reboot button is located on the Advanced tab, not Basic.  Typo, my mistake.  What you did achieved the same effect.  No need to wait in between restarts.  Nothing is gained waiting 30 min.

So.  The next step.  Do not use Genie,  use a web browser and log directly into the router.

Press the [Erase] button....  don't worry, its there (grin)

Now perform set up and retest the 5Ghz broadcast.

Message 4 of 7

did as you suggested, but now I have no wi-fi internet and can't register my router to try  to set it up. By the way, I now have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks available, just not internetavailable

Message 5 of 7

Greetings,

Sounds like you're almost there.  The reset has resolved the wireless issue if both networks are now broadcasting.  There is nothing to register.  Use the internet Setup wizard in the GUI to detect your internet connection.  This is in the top left corner (Navigation Pane). 

This should automatically detect your connection.  If you need more help?  Please tell us who the ISP is, what type of internet connection you susbscibe to and more about the device (modem) in front of your router.

Message 6 of 7

Thank you very much!!! Worked like a charm nd I am now back up and running thanks to you!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7