Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5G Wireless channels

Qwareeq
Aspirant

5G Wireless channels

Hi Guys;

I have Nighthawk AC1750 R6700 v3 , I have tested out my best wifi channels for 5G using my mac wifi dignostics test, it showed for me the best channels for it are 144, 165 as in the the attached file. However, I can't find these channels in the list of wifi 5g channels. 

So, is there a way to add these channels to the list? if yes, how to do it and if not, what are the best other choices for me .

My speed is 200 Mb fiber optic sometimes the speed drop too low.

Thanks in advacned and sorry about my english ( it is not my first language)

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@microchip8 is correct in that a lot depends on your region. If you're in the US, 144 is a dfs channel but 165 isn't. In Europe, channel 165 is a short range device radio so limited in its power. If you live in these area's you'll need to use a different channel. good part about the 5ghz channels is that they don't broadcast as far and the signals get blocked easier. It just means that there's less interference when choosing these channels versus the 2.4ghz channels.

here's the list of wifi channels and which are dfs, srd channels by region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

These are DFS channels (which switch to another channel if the router detects that the current one interferes with Radar) and you can't add them manually. I'm in Europe and can select DFS channels on my R7800. No idea where you are from. You can select your region on the WiFi page

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

@microchip8 is correct in that a lot depends on your region. If you're in the US, 144 is a dfs channel but 165 isn't. In Europe, channel 165 is a short range device radio so limited in its power. If you live in these area's you'll need to use a different channel. good part about the 5ghz channels is that they don't broadcast as far and the signals get blocked easier. It just means that there's less interference when choosing these channels versus the 2.4ghz channels.

here's the list of wifi channels and which are dfs, srd channels by region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

Message 3 of 5
Qwareeq
Aspirant

Thanks ,I live in Jordan and I understood .

Message 4 of 5
Qwareeq
Aspirant

Yes, as @microchip8  said, thanks for shaering wifi list link.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7