Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5GHZ Not Showing on R7800

ooVisi
Aspirant

5GHZ Not Showing on R7800

I noticed that my 5GHZ network wasn’t showing and did a lot of things to try to get it working again to no avail. I rebooted it, I factory reset it, I tried changing the channel. I checked to make sure 5ghz was on, (it was, there’s a green check mark by it in the portal) I checked to make sure the router radio is enabled and nothing still. Any other suggestions?
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Have you tried disabling smart connect? 

How do you know 5ghz isn't working? 

Message 2 of 9
ooVisi
Aspirant

Smart connect is off, I checked on multiple devices and 5GHZ doesn’t show up. On the nighthawk mobile app when I manage devices and hit the filter button, it only has 2.4 ghz and wired as an option to be filtered but not 5 ghz
Message 3 of 9
microchip8
Master

Go to http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 with a browser and see if 5 GHz is enabled. The app is mostly useless.

Message 4 of 9
ooVisi
Aspirant

It is on, it shows that it should be working, I’ll probably just have to get a new one unfortunately.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 6 of 9
ooVisi
Aspirant

V1.0.2.84
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this, factory reset the router. Setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. After it's setup, give both radios a different SSID name and give a password for both.

Go in and disable the 2.4Ghz only radio, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Leave the 5Ghz radio running. Save and apply. Give the router a minute. Check your wireless devices for the 5ghz SSID name. Any appear, if it does, can you connect to it and get internet services? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 8 of 9

@microchip8 wrote:

The app is mostly useless.

Mostly? You may exaggerate its capabilities.

In some eyes it is completely useless. It is certainly a poor guide to see how a router is configured.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7