Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5Ghz Network will not connect to any device

maxwell-01
Tutor

5Ghz Network will not connect to any device

Hello,

I have an R7000P on factory settings running firmware V1.3.1.64_10.1.36.

I updated it yesterday to the current latest version as I cannot get anything to connect to the 5GHz network despite the SSID being visible by every device. I ran a factory reset this morning and still the same issue. I have tried creating a guest wifi, also this does not connect. I have tried with a Pixel 3XL, iPhone X and macbook pro. I have also tried disabling the security entirely from the 5GHz network and the devices still would not connect.

I tried plugging in another router (which supports separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks as well) which all my devices connected to perfectly.

This has been an issue for since I bought the device but the 2.4GHz was fast enough and I didn't have time to diagnose before. Now that we're all working from home, having the extra speed of 5GHz would be really helpful.

Any help will greatly be appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Max

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
maxwell-01
Tutor

Re: 5Ghz Network will not connect to any device

I contacted support who issued me an RMA. I was able to pay £15 and they will send me a new router + return label before I send the current one back meaning no down time. I wish other companies offered this! You can of course send it back for free and once recieved they will send a new one, but that meant no internet for 3 weeks whilst working from home...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
maxwell-01
Tutor

I contacted support who issued me an RMA. I was able to pay £15 and they will send me a new router + return label before I send the current one back meaning no down time. I wish other companies offered this! You can of course send it back for free and once recieved they will send a new one, but that meant no internet for 3 weeks whilst working from home...

Message 2 of 3
maxwell-01
Tutor

Update

Spoke to support yesterday afternoon, new router arrived this morning. Plugged it in and the 5Ghz is working perfectly.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7