Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5U6504WKA0033

davebino
Aspirant

5U6504WKA0033

I purchased a nighthawk router and I am having issues setting it up since the router is registered. How do I unregister the router so that I can setup my own profile? Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: 5U6504WKA0033

I am trying to understand exactly what is going on.  Have you logged into the router and setup your wireless network?  Have you tried connecting to the router directly with an ethernet cable?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Product registration is for the person that purchases the router initially (first person that registers the router).  Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if you can set it up?

Message 2 of 6
davebino
Aspirant

I factory resetted it. However, I am trying to get onto the wifi signal from the router but when I turn it on, it does not pop up for me on my phone. And when it does pop up, I use the factory default password on the back of the router and it says "unable to join network"

Message 3 of 6
No1Mportnt
Luminary

I am trying to understand exactly what is going on.  Have you logged into the router and setup your wireless network?  Have you tried connecting to the router directly with an ethernet cable?

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

when you did the factory reset, did you push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while its powered on? 

If so, another option is to hardwire a pc/laptop to the router to connect to it. Then you should be able to log into it and go through setup and change ssid/password. 

If you go to netgear.com/support/   

type in your model number

it takes you to the support site for your device with guides, manuals, firmware. 

Message 5 of 6

@davebino wrote:

How do I unregister the router so that I can setup my own profile?

Registration has nothing to do with how you use a router and what you can do with it.

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Registration is there for installation support in the first 90 days and for warranty issues in the first year of purchase, more in some countries. Neither of these is transferable to "second hand" users.

For more help, see the questions from @No1Mportnt.

The manual might also be useful.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7