Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6700v2 Amber light but modem works fine xifinity

NICKstl2022
Tutor

6700v2 Amber light but modem works fine xifinity

Hi y’all! I’ve got a net gear r6700v2 router. Just moved to Seattle and got Xfinity. I activated my own modem (cm500) which appears to be activated just fine. The router, though, refuses to get that amber light to white! I’ve tried power cycling, new cords, resetting the router to factory settings, and using my computers MAC address on the router page. Any ideas? Do I need to use my Xfinity login and password on the router set up page? My sense is that the router either can’t access the Modem or the other way around: all other lights are working fine. Thoughts? Suggestions? Help me! 🙂 Nick
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: 6700v2 Amber light but modem works fine xifinity

Try this. 

Factory reset the router and the modem. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds on both until their lights change. 

After they've fully rebooted, power them back off and disconnect everything from both (even coax from modem). Wait 2 minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and power it on. 

Wait 2 minutes. 

connect the lan cable from the cm500 to wan port on the r6700.

Power the router on and wait 2 minutes. 

Then try setup on it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try this. 

Factory reset the router and the modem. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds on both until their lights change. 

After they've fully rebooted, power them back off and disconnect everything from both (even coax from modem). Wait 2 minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and power it on. 

Wait 2 minutes. 

connect the lan cable from the cm500 to wan port on the r6700.

Power the router on and wait 2 minutes. 

Then try setup on it. 

Message 2 of 6
NICKstl2022
Tutor

Trying now…!
Message 3 of 6
NICKstl2022
Tutor

Okay I am getting excited! Blinking white internet light on the router!! I can’t seem to access my router login page as I usually can when I’m accessing the router on my computer. The 2.4 GHz light is solid white so I imagine that’s working? I’m not sure what to do next. Thank you so far though! Next move?
Message 4 of 6
NICKstl2022
Tutor

Thank you sooooooo much!! I’m an idiot for not having disconnected the coax, too! You’ve saved me MUCH heartache. Very sincere thanks from Seattle!
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working!

Hope it stays rock solid for you

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation