Re: 7800 nighthawk and the TiVo server

lessd
Aspirant

7800 nighthawk and the TiVo server

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 firmware V1.0.2.04

This Router's TiVo server has and is still working great with my current TiVos (Roamio model of TiVo)  as I can put music and pictures on a USB stick plug into the router and get that music or pictures on my TiVos, I can also put a a MPG movie on the USB stick and any of my TiVos can transfer that movie to the TiVo itself for watching on my HDTV.

I just purchased a new TiVo Bolt + (that when fulling working will replace one of my TiVo Roamios) and the Router server and Bolt do not see each other, I can't get pictures or music from the Router (and still can from the Roamios) using the new TiVo Bolt +. Does anybody have this setup using the TiVo Bolt + ? and do they have this problem.

I actived the TiVo desktop server on my Computer and the bolt can see that server as can all my Roamios. One of the reasons i purchased this router is so I did not have to keep my computer running to use these other features.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi lessd,

I would suggest to contacting support team.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Lessd,

I'd like to follow up with you to see if you were able to resolve the issue described in your original post. If not, I found this Tivo article that may helpful:

General Network Troubleshooting Tips

I also found a NETGEAR article that may provide further troubleshooting tips:

How do I play videos on the TiVo attached to my Nighthawk router?

We'd love to hear your feedback on the status of the issue.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 6
lessd
Aspirant

The problem is the new TiVo called the Bolt + as the Router server works with older TiVo models that I have, I have a case number and have sent screen shots and other information to Netgear, the problem is going to up the engeneering ladder, On the new TiVo Bolt + there must be a small change in the TiVo part of their server that causing the problem as the TiVo desktop software does work with the Bolt +, but i don't want to leave my big computer on all the time, that one of the reasons I purchased this Router..

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi lessd,

Please continue to work with support team and provide us feedback on what resolves the problem so that other user will be able to use the same steps.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
lessd
Aspirant

I fixed the problem (for me) by getting a Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000 and using the Plex server built into that Router, works great with my TiVo Bolt + , but the TiVo server in the Router does not work on this new Nighthawk X10 R9000, same problem as the older Router, but because I don't need this TiVo server as I am now using Plex server that is built into this new Router I told Netgear they can close the case or if they want to fix the problem I would still help them.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements