Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A1900 Wifi Extender stopped working when reset to NBN?

Fenghuang0296
Aspirant

A1900 Wifi Extender stopped working when reset to NBN?

Hi all. Telstra is forcing us to change from cable to the NBN, and the NBN wifi itself is working fine, installed yesterday. But the Nighthawk wifi extender is . . sporadic. I've power cycled and reset it multiple times, and first the connection was poor and kept giving me 'server cannot be found' errors. Not to mention simply not connecting my devices to the internet even though they were synced with its signal a few times. Then for a few hours it worked great. Now it's back to 'unable to join network', 'server cannot be found' and then a weird one where ir's connected but my devices say they Aren:t connected to the internet. I'm at my wits' end here, please help?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: A1900 Wifi Extender stopped working when reset to NBN?

what router is it connecting to? 

did you set it up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Message 2 of 4
Fenghuang0296
Aspirant

It's connected to an FTTC Network Connection Device, model number NDD-0300. I set it up using the installation wizard, yes. That's the one where you connect to 'NETGEAR_EXT' and then have to create an account and select the signal to boost, right? 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

sounds like you used the assistant. 

It was working fine until the new router? 

Have you checked with telstra to see if there's any changes on their routers for adding extenders? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7