Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas Model R6220; Firmware Version V1.1.0.110

CapJT
Aspirant

AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas Model R6220; Firmware Version V1.1.0.110

AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas  Model R6220; Firmware Version V1.1.0.110

Based on an email received from Netgear on/around 09-October-2021, I updated the firmware of my Netgear router Model R6220 to the latest. (Previous updating was as per their recommendations vide email of around 27-March-2021)

However since the last updation of my router (ie since about 09Oct2021), seemingly I am unable to Access Netflix and Prime Video using my Amazon Fire stick and Mi Box 4K Firestick, when connected using my existing Internet service provider MACH1).

(Prior to 09Oct2021 for atleast the past about 2 years, both the fire sticks have been streaming both Netflix and Prime video using the same service provider.) The connection subscription is with fibre cable and speed of 100 Mbps. (Last speed check indicated download speed as 95.92 and upload speed as 74.52 Mbps.)

The said programmes ie Netflix and Prime video can be accessed by me directly on my mobile phones and Laptops through my existing internet service provider, however on the firestick (while using internet connection from my service provider) NETFLIX shows the error 

"Netflix has encountered an error Code:NW-2-5"; and Prime Video shows the error "Internet Connection Error - We're unable to connect to Prime Video. Please verify your device's Internet connection. Error Code PLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED”.

On each of the Firesticks, I can access YOU TUBE using the service providers Internet connection.

When I connect each of the fire sticks using my Mobile service providers Internet connections (Airtel/VI & Jio) I am able to access both Netflix and Prime Video easily.

I have contacted the customer care at Amazon/Prime video who say that as the sites Netflix and Prime Videos are accessible on the fire sticks using the Mobile phone service providers/ networks, hence the fire sticks therefore are seemingly OK.

My Internet service providers also say that as the relevant sites Netflix and Prime Video can be accessed on the Laptops and Mobile Phones using their internet service directly, they suspect something could have affected either on the fire sticks or on the router settings.

We have also rebooted/factory reset each of the firesticks and reentered the amazon username and passwords, but still the problem remains.

Hence we request for your advice if anyone has faced a similar problem and seek advice how the same was overcome.

Please advice

Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Re: AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas Model R6220; Firmware Version V1.1.0.110

Are you using IPv6?

What modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Re: AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas Model R6220; Firmware Version V1.1.0.110

Hi, Tks for ur response;

As far as I can ascerttain from the service provider

Are you using IPv6? - Yes as informed by the service provider

What modem/gateway is it connected to? - Broadband 100 Mbps - Fibre cable connected to

Router Netgear AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas - Model R6220

Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

@CapJT wrote:

Hi, Tks for ur response;

As far as I can ascerttain from the service provider

Are you using IPv6? - Yes as informed by the service provider---Is it enabled in your router? Thats the key. 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? - Broadband 100 Mbps - Fibre cable connected to

Router Netgear AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas - Model R6220-----The R6220 isn't an ONT ( the fibre connects to something the router connects to)

Message 4 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Hi Sir,

Thanks again for your response;

Are you using IPv6? - Yes as informed by the service provider---Is it enabled in your router? Thats the key. 

Sir can you advice how I can verfiy this on my router R6220

Router Netgear AC 1200 Smart wifi router with external Antennas - Model R6220-----The R6220 isn't an ONT ( the fibre connects to something the router connects to)

Yes indeed ; the fibre is connected to a SEE (subscriber end equipment - which is marked as Ipv6 ready - Make/Model: Optilink /

(OP-XONT 71000)) which inturn is connected to the router.

Message 5 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Further to my above attached is the screen shot of the IPv6 status as seen in my screen; Persume Ipv6 is engaged.STATUS OF Ipv6 as seen on my routerSTATUS OF Ipv6 as seen on my router

Message 6 of 14
plemans
Guru

photos have to be approved by a moderator and it can take a while. if you click on "choose file" and add it that way, we can see it right away

Message 7 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Tks, Noted.

Doc Attached as per suggestion of ur good self

Message 8 of 14
plemans
Guru

Your photo shows you have it disabled. On the right, click on the drop down box and go to auto detect. Then apply

Message 9 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Thanks your of 2dy.

As suggested we have enabled Ipv6,;

However No improvement has been seen; All 3 viz. Prime video, Netflix and Hotstar all indicate Internet connection error (when tried out using fire stick).

Considering that wifi connections were indicating network connection errors, we procured 

locally an Amazon Ethernet adapter for Amazon fire TV stick and connected it up to the firestick.

Despite direct network connections and the connection status indicating NO ISSUES (even over wifi it was the same),  the Prime video, Netflix and Hotstar when tried out using fire stick all indicate Internet connection error.

Please advice

Message 10 of 14
plemans
Guru

If it happened after a firmware update, have you tried downgrading the firmware?

Message 11 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

Yes Sir,

rebooting/factory reset of the present router and/or trying out with another

router (TP Link which I also have),

I would like to keep as the last option/resort since that could also require

involvement of the Internet service providers for re-feeding and/or resetting

the account parameters at the router end and/or at the exchange end.

Thanks to all for all the assistance/suggestions provided to me till date;

Request you to kindly let me know if any other ideas come up of a soloution

to this problem;

Thanks again for all your assistances

Message 12 of 14
plemans
Guru

@CapJT wrote:

I would like to keep as the last option/resort since that could also require

involvement of the Internet service providers for re-feeding and/or resetting

the account parameters at the router end and/or at the exchange end.

Downgrading the firmware on the R6220 doesn't require anything on the ISP's end. Its all user driven for that device. You simply download the older version of the firmware and manually install it to the router. 

Message 13 of 14
CapJT
Aspirant

With my ISP technician was in attendance today,

we first reset the Netgear router to factory defaults, but on restarting we found that all

three ie. Netflix, Prime video and Hotstar still displayed the same Internet Connection Error, when connected with each of the fire stick .

The technicians suspect some problem with the Router.

with some probable DNS mismatch with the fire sticks, the cause of these problems;

Anyway since this problem has been going on for too long (since about the 9th or so)

we decided and replaced the Netgear router with a TP Link router (which was already

with me).

With this TP Link router, we are able to access all required programmes using each of the fire sticks.

As of this present time time and patience of my kids was running out and hence change

of router was the best option.

The Netgear router is still operational, (without Netflix etc. from fire stick), and as time

permits we shall continue to tinker around and experiment with this Netgear router, 

and surely a soloution can/will be achieved.

We thank you all for your  patient assistance and for all your efforts;

Thanks again

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7