Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1200 6120 router wont connect to Point to Point antenna

roadfire
Aspirant

AC1200 6120 router wont connect to Point to Point antenna

MY daughter has at&t fixed wireless, I am using a TYCON EZ-Bridge Point to Point system, Connects fine just to laptop,  If I connect router the internet light turns green however when connecting wireless or ethernet cable says internet not available.

Using Nighthawk app does nother for me I can not change password or access router or anything.

This is my first router to try and install and I am totally lost.

Please any help is very much appreciated and please keep it simple, I am old and not real tech savey

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

boot up the router with nothing connected. Hardwire into it with a computer to a lan port (not wan). Go to routerlogin.net  or 192.168.1.1 (default ip address). from there you should be able to login to the router.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The att fixed wireless device, does it have its own routing function built in? Are you running your R6120 in AP mode or in router mode? you might be running into a double nat situation if the att device is running as a router as well as the netgear router. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 7
roadfire
Aspirant

Yes at&t has its own router my point to point is connected with ethernet to that and is sent to my router, I cant make any changes in the AT&T router, as it is locked by AT&T , I can not figure out how to access the settings on my router to change to access point

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

boot up the router with nothing connected. Hardwire into it with a computer to a lan port (not wan). Go to routerlogin.net  or 192.168.1.1 (default ip address). from there you should be able to login to the router.  

Message 4 of 7
roadfire
Aspirant

Thank you for the help I believe it worked I was able to login and change the router to access point,  I will know for sure when I go over to my cabin and hook it up there,  but it does work here wired into my house router.

Really appreciate the information, thank you again

Message 5 of 7
roadfire
Aspirant

Yes this definitely worked.I hooked it up in my cabin instant internet, 

Thank you again very much

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear its working!