Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 WiFi Router setup without account

jlewisssss
Initiate

AC1200 WiFi Router setup without account

I would like to know if there is a way to set up a new Netgear AC1200 WiFi router without first having to create an account.

Before you answer, here is what I have done so far. #1: I have tried the old tried and true manual setup by bypassing the routerlogin and going stright to the IP of the router, but that no longer gets me to the manual login ability, so it takes me to the fun page where I have to enter a new password for the admin, and answers as to what my first Netgear product was and the name of my first goat or some such stupidity, after which it takes me to the "Create Account or log in to existing account" page. and won't let me out. so I tried various versions thereof (See #1) but the result was simply, lather rinse repeat. I then reset the router again and tried it without it being connected to the Internet in any way, just my laptop connected to one of the ports with the WiFi disabled. I had some hope for a minute as it gave me the manual setup option, but then it went to "searching for internet connections" screen. It did that for about an hour so I reset. Now I am ready to make a video in which I first explain all about the problems I am having with this "Privacy invading, piece of flatulance", which insists on me creating an account an registering the thing so they can, I'm guessing monitor any activity and use the email address to sell in lists for profit, so get ready for more spam mail, thanks so much you bastards! Then leaving th camera on the Router, sitting on a stump in the woods, followed shortly thereafter a nice loud boom at which point you see the router get blown to pieces by #00 lead shot coming out of a 12 gauge shotgun at high velocity! Fun vid idea, huh? A man can dream, can't he? Anyhoo.......

The original intent for this router was to use it as an Access Point in a medical office. Therefore, I can not and will not allow access to this router from any WAN source. It is a federal crime to do so. Therefore, by requiring registration and personal information to be able to use a device I just spent cash money for, thay are asking me to break federal law. A vile thing to do indeed. Even after spending over 45 minutes on the phone with customer service with an east Indian accent, the matter could not be resolved. Big shock there. I guess I am hoping someone out there will know a work around for this issue. I just want to set it to ACCESS POINT and I'm done. Just can't seem to get there from here. Thanks for any help in advance.

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
jlewisssss
Initiate

Re: AC1200 WiFi Router setup without account

P.S. after rereading, I saw a few misspelled words etc... Sorry. I'm normally very careful about that, I'm just really angry at the whole situation and thinking about never purchasing another Netgear product. Linksys still works without having to give up my personal information. (Ask me how I know that, nah, I'll tell you. Because the wireless access point I wanted to set up with this Netgear router is up and running with a Linksys Router, no problems at all, that's how!) That's how frustrated I am. After literally decades of using Netgear, I'm ready to get rid of everything with the name Netgear on it, create a Youtube channel, dedicated to destroying Netgear products by the bushel basket full, in very creative ways and switching everything for every one of my customers out to Linksys. As to using this account to set up a Netgear router instead, let me just say that this account was created just for the purpose of making this inquiry, and I will not lin any router, switch etc... up with this account out of pure principle. Did I forget to mention the violation of the 4th US Constitutional Amendment by requiring personal information from any American Citizen to use a product you purchased and therefore own? I know younger generations won't care, you've been trained to do as you are told, (you really need to get over that btw.) But for Military veterans who took an oath to : Preserve, uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and Domestic and to hold true faith and allegiance to the same, it means everything.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7