AC1750 R6400, How connect to USB storage via VPN on android phone over the internet?

Vixman
Aspirant

AC1750 R6400, How connect to USB storage via VPN on android phone over the internet?

Hi. I want to sync a couple of folders on my WD external USB drive with my mico SD card on my Andoroid phone. I want to be able to do this over the internet. I am using an app called Syncme Wireless that allows me to connect to the router's USB storage via a VPN on the phone. But how do I setup the VPN to the router in the first place from my phone? And how do I properly set it up in ther router? Can the 2 way sync be done without the need to use a third party Android app like Syncme Wireless. In other words, can I just establish a direct VPN connection to the USB drive connected to the router and sync to my phone over the internet? Thanks for the help in advance.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: AC1750 R6400, How connect to USB storage via VPN on android phone over the internet?

@Vixman wrote:

But how do I setup the VPN to the router in the first place from my phone? And how do I properly set it up in ther router?

Ask the people who supply the VPN?

@Vixman wrote:

Can the 2 way sync be done without the need to use a third party Android app like Syncme Wireless.

See if you can persuade ReadyCLOUD to play ball.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Read the bit Remotely Access a USB Device Using ReadyCLOUD.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
Vixman
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 R6400, How connect to USB storage via VPN on android phone over the internet?

It seems like the ReadyCLOUD app for Android or PC does not have a sync feature.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E