Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 R6700v3 will not connect with Nighthawk

delonf
Aspirant

AC1750 R6700v3 will not connect with Nighthawk

On my desktop I can connect with router. My phone using Nighthawk will not connect. It asks for user name and has admin entered, then asks password, I enter it and I then get "login Timed out, please try again or rebooting router" I have done that several times, even removed Nighthawk from my phone and reinstalled it twice but no change. My phone works with the router and I access the internet. Just can't get Nighthawk to work???

Message 1 of 5

Re: AC1750 R6700v3 will not connect with Nighthawk

@delonf wrote:

On my desktop I can connect with router. My phone using Nighthawk will not connect.

You are trying to use the Nighthawk app (iOS or Android?) to manage your router locally?

Before you can do that locally you need to connect the mobile device to the wifi network from the router.

It asks for user name and has admin entered, then asks password....

Remember that thbis is the password for the #browser graphical user interface (GUI), not the wifi password. Have you changed that password for your router? It can be picky about the characters you use.

Have you tried to set up Anywhere Access? For that to work, you need to create an MyNetgear account so that you can get in via Netgear's "cloud".

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Apple phone by chance? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Also try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

@delonf wrote:

On my desktop I can connect with router. My phone using Nighthawk will not connect. It asks for user name and has admin entered, then asks password, I enter it and I then get "login Timed out, please try again or rebooting router" I have done that several times, even removed Nighthawk from my phone and reinstalled it twice but no change. My phone works with the router and I access the internet. Just can't get Nighthawk to work???

Message 3 of 5
delonf
Aspirant

Not Apple, My phone is android V11

Message 4 of 5
delonf
Aspirant

Thanks, but I give up. I just will remove nighthawk and forget about it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7