Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Xbox Gaming Settings

ncatona
Aspirant

AC1750 Xbox Gaming Settings

Hello everyone so I got the router updated and have been using it for school the most part, zooms and mutliple mobile phones connected and etc.
Now I started to game a little but my brother will do online stuff soon, our Nat type is strict and im looking to change that. Also I dont have QOS enabled because when it was all other devices suffered for school use. My isp plan is only 20mbps down and 5mbps upload. Give me some recommendations of what to do for that nat type, I will consider using qos when schools over.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ncatona
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 Xbox Gaming Settings

Never mind it seems like that has a ton of security issues. I will possibly be going more towards the port forwarding route, and if not the DMZ but not 100% sure yet. I dont plan on using QOS even though my internet speeds are 20 mbps down and 5 mbps upload. Will port forwarding basically set me up for xbox gaming properly without any issues? I dont think theres any other settings I could do on my ac1750 besides that.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@ncatona wrote:
Give me some recommendations of what to do for that nat type, I will consider using qos when schools over.

You could start here:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox Gaming Settings

You are by no means the first person to ask that question.

Message 2 of 4
ncatona
Aspirant

So I will be turning on the Upnp for the router since that helps. I am connected to the 5G and that works fine since distance is close. Any other tips or recommendations for what I could change or setup?
Message 3 of 4
ncatona
Aspirant

Never mind it seems like that has a ton of security issues. I will possibly be going more towards the port forwarding route, and if not the DMZ but not 100% sure yet. I dont plan on using QOS even though my internet speeds are 20 mbps down and 5 mbps upload. Will port forwarding basically set me up for xbox gaming properly without any issues? I dont think theres any other settings I could do on my ac1750 besides that.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7