Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 change default password

maresquare
Initiate

AC1750 change default password

My antivirus software has been telling me that my router's password is weak. It's an AC1750 C6300. I'm currently using the default password. I would like to change the password but can not get into my device settings using http://routerlogin.net. How do I change my router's password?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 change default password

Why can't you get in? 

Can't access the site? 

Wrong password?

Whats going on exactly? 

you can also try connecting to the router at 192.168.100.1

Message 2 of 3
maresquare
Initiate

Re: AC1750 change default password

First if all, let me say that I'm barely computer literate and so I may misuse some terms. I couldn't access my router settings because, when I tried to use http://routerlogin.net, it went to a Netgear page that said I couldn't use that address anymore. I should download an app called Nighthawk and use that. Well, I'm working from a mid-2007 mac desktop, and so downloading an app just doesn't work for me. I did eventually figure out how to access my controls by typing in the Gateway ISP number, I think that's what you call it. Anyway, after a few unsuccessful attempts, and some heart-stopping moments, when I thought I'd screwed everything up, I ended up changing the passphrase to my network, instead of the password for accessing the router controls. I think I found the right place to change the router's password and am going to try doing it.

I have to say that plowing through manuals that you only half understand and then attempting to act on instructions you hope you're understanding correctly has raised my stress levels to new highs. Who knew system maintenance could be so exciting?

If I fail in my attempt to change the password, I'll be back here to whine some more. Otherwise, thanks for trying to help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7