Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 model r6400v2 signal keeps dropping

Flashster
Follower

AC1750 model r6400v2 signal keeps dropping

Hello,
I have a nighthawk router that keeps dropping signal. I called my isp and they say that my signal from them is strong so it must be the router. I tried resetting it a bunch of times, factory resetting it, changing the WiFi Chanell and still no luck. And of course my net gear warranty and phone support is expired so I’m not sure what to do here. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Re: AC1750 model r6400v2 signal keeps dropping

@Flashster wrote:
Hello,
I have a nighthawk router that keeps dropping signal.

Which "signal" us this? Wifi? Which bands? 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.

What symptoms do you see?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

What @michaelkenward  said.

Also, is both wired and wireless dropping or just one of them?

Message 3 of 10
Flashster15
Aspirant

All of them are dropping. The WiFi, the hard wired. Specifically the 2.4G. The modem/router from my isp has been in bridge mode for a while. I have had this setup for about 2 years and all of a sudden there is a problem.
Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

And what gateway model is it? Not all of them run bridge mode properly (or even well). 

Have you tried it with the gateway in router mode and the netgear in access point mode? Maybe the isp changed something with their gateway to cause issues. 

Message 5 of 10
Flashster15
Aspirant

So my modem is arrris TM1602A.
Sorry, it actually isn’t a modem/router it’s just a modem. Forgot that I had that changed a little while ago. Firmware V1.0.2.14_1.0.7 . I was on the most recent firmware but I downgraded to see if that would work but it didn’t
Message 6 of 10
Flashster15
Aspirant

all of the signals. 5G, 2.4, and WiFi all drop. Current firmware: V1.0.2.14_1.0.7. I was on the most recent one but I downgraded to see if that would work but it didn’t help. no, it’s strictly a modem. Arris TM1602A
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

the version I would try would be 1.0.3.66

Install it over a hardwired connection, then do a factory reset, and do a clean install. By clean I mean dont use a backup configuration

Message 8 of 10
Flashster15
Aspirant

So technically installing it twice??
Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

No. 

Just install the 1.0.3.66 version. then do the factor reset and reinstall of the router

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7