• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

AC1750 wifi stopped working

I added a new network switch to the router.  Afterwards WIFI stopped working on the AC1750.  Pressing the WIFI button for 2 seconds does nothing.

This router is connected to a FIOS modem.  I have turned off wifi from the fios router.  When I initially installed the AC1750, I used the wizard to copy the FIOS WIFI config and its been working for over 7 months.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: AC1750 wifi stopped working

@rweiser wrote:

I added a new network switch to the router. 

What switch and added where?

@rweiser wrote:

This router is connected to a FIOS modem.  I have turned off wifi from the fios router. 

What is this FIOS device? The model number. Turning off the wifi does not disable any built-in router functions it may have. So there may be two routers on your network. That can cause grief.

When I initially installed the AC1750, I used the wizard to copy the FIOS WIFI config and its been working for over 7 months.

Heaven only knows what you did there, but AC1750 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to their hardware to describe their wifi speeds. 

Your footer says R6700. There is support for the R6700 series, including manuals, somewhere at the end of these links:

>>> R6700 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

>>> R6700V2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

>>>R6700V3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

Look at the label on the device to see which you have.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2