AC1750

FaithA
Follower

AC1750

I set up this router with the Nighthawk app on my Android Samsung S8+ w/o a problem and was working fine until yesterday when I lost the internet connection. I unplugged, waited and set it up again. It scanned the the QR code with success, and all the lights are on both the router and Netgear modem. However, even with my Wi-Fi on my Android it does not show my network. I tried adding a network with the correct name and password but it won't add it. I can see from my networks that it's there but it doesn't show up for me to connect. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, set up the modem and router again successfully but the WiFi network is not showing nor can I add it. The app keeps telling me to go to the Settings for my Wi-Fi and join the router's network. Since it's not showing nor can I add it I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I've done this multiple times with no success. I have no other routers or modems. I've searched the Netgear site for solutions. What can I do next?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750

Have you tried hardwiring into the router to set it up? Not doing it via the app/wireless. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 6
ilircepani
Aspirant

Yes.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

well that was helpful. 

Were you able to do anything hardwired in? 

setup, access it? where did it fail? 

what modem/gateway do you have?
firmware on the router? 

what are all the leds on it doing? 

Message 4 of 6
ilircepani
Aspirant

all the leds are white/blue but the internet light stays orange. Also, after the comcast tried doing the bridge, and finishing the setup through the app, the PC did have internet, however all the cellphones didnt have internet, plus the light kept staying orange on the router. So I am not sure how i had internet on PC, but the phones had no internet (mine, where I have the nighthawk app, plus all other cells in the house).   

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ilircepani wrote:

all the leds are white/blue but the internet light stays orange. Also, after the comcast tried doing the bridge, and finishing the setup through the app, the PC did have internet, however all the cellphones didnt have internet, plus the light kept staying orange on the router. So I am not sure how i had internet on PC, but the phones had no internet (mine, where I have the nighthawk app, plus all other cells in the house).   

What modem is it? if comcast is "bridging it", it needs to go modem----router----pc.

if you have your pc still connected to it, then the pc is getting the 1 public ip address that comcast assigns. 

So try this. 

power off your modem and router. disconnect the coax from the modem and all devices from both. wait a couple  minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and power it on. wait a few more minutes. 

Then connect the router to the modem and ONLY the router. power the router on. give it a few minutes. 

Attempt setup to the router. 

Modems and modem/routers combo devices in bridge mode get 1 public ip address. They rely on the router for private ip addresses. If anything else is connected to them and get that public ip address, then the router doesn't and it won't have internet connection. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E