AC1900 R6900v2 Internet Randomly Disconnects

tencor
Aspirant

AC1900 R6900v2 Internet Randomly Disconnects

I have a R6900v2 with Spectrum internet and my router randomly drops internet connection although my modem says that it is online. I then recieve a orange led in the internet space on my router, where it should be white. I have tried so many different things. The firmware is up to date: version V1.2.0.74_1.0.1 . So, I do not know what the problem could be. There are a good amount of devices on the router about 10-15 but nothing more than that. So, I was doubtful that the router was getting overworked, it was a rather pricey router so I hope that is not the case. The wifi goes down for about 5 minutes every time this happens and comes back up, this happens daily sometimes more than once per day. I am not sure if my router is faulty or what the case may be, but any tips or resolution would be greatly appreciated. 

Best,

Trenton 

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
cijo77
Aspirant

Re: AC1900 R6900v2 Internet Randomly Disconnects

I am having the same issues what you described. How did you resolve it?

Message 2 of 3
tencor
Aspirant

Re: AC1900 R6900v2 Internet Randomly Disconnects

I bought a new router and I’ve had zero problems since. I would suggest a tp-link AX1500 router. It’s worked great for me and my roommates. I don’t think I’ll be going back to net gear ever.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E