Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 R6900v2 blinking white on light and app cannot connect to router

Dudefox
Follower

AC1900 R6900v2 blinking white on light and app cannot connect to router

After attempting an update, my router completely went offline. The app says cannot connect to the router no matter what I do, and the on light is blinking. No other light is on. I’ve factory reset twice, unplugged and plugged back in. Nothing changes. That white on light keeps blinking. I don’t know what to do. A little help please. 

Message 1 of 2

Re: AC1900 R6900v2 blinking white on light and app cannot connect to router

@Dudefox wrote:

After attempting an update, my router completely went offline. The app says cannot connect to the router no matter what I do, and the on light is blinking.

If that is the power LED, then your update failed and wrecked the router's firmware.

If a standard factory reset fails, there is more severe, recovery reset, that you could try:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
    • Keep pressing reset while removing power
    • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If it works, you may be able to use the usual method to flash the firmware again.

Download the latest firmware for your device – or an older version if that is what you want – and read the Release Notes for how to install it.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If recovery reset fails, you are into TFTP country.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This also explains how to enable TFTP on a Windows PC.

TFTP isn't the easiest operation, timing is important, as are the exact details for the commands and prompts you see. It can take several attempts. So if you are forced to use TFTP try a web search for videos that guide you through the process.

For example:

Different device, but the approach is the same.

The good news is that TFTP has rescued many a dead device.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7