Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1900 Smart wifi router

LLeeC
Follower

AC1900 Smart wifi router

I had to change my wifi password.  Now the red wifi button on my Netgear router keeps going red and I lose my wifi and then it turns white again and the wifi comes back up.  It's happening every few minutes.  My wifi carrier confirmed that the wifi is coming into my house strong on the Motorola.  My router expired a few days ago.  Any chance there is a connection between changing my wifi password and suddenly losing the signal repeatedly on my router?  I reset the Motorola and router several times.  I even checked my Netgear app and updated my router.  I don't want to buy another router unless I really need to.  Any ideas??  Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Re: AC1900 Smart wifi router

What is your router? AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

@LLeeC wrote:

I had to change my wifi password. Now the red wifi button on my Netgear router keeps going red and I lose my wifi and then it turns white again and the wifi comes back up. 

Why dd you have to change the password?

What password? Where did you change this password? 

What red wifi button? Most routers have a row of buttons and LEDs.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

@LLeeC wrote:

My wifi carrier confirmed that the wifi is coming into my house strong on the Motorola. 

I assume that you mean the Internet comes into your house. ISPs rarely deliver wifi.

That being the case, what modem, if there is one, gets you on the Internet?

@LLeeC wrote:

Any chance there is a connection between changing my wifi password and suddenly losing the signal repeatedly on my router? 

Possibly, but there are too many unanswered questions to do more than guess.

Changing your wifi password will, of course, mean that you have to enter a different password to get things to connect to your wifi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7