Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 Wifi mesh extender - no internet

Snailshark
Aspirant

AC1900 Wifi mesh extender - no internet

Hi!

Having trouble with my AC1900 Dual band Wifi mesh extender essential edition. It should have the latest firmware.

I am using a Lenovo legion with windows 10 and tried through Chrome and Explorer, and Samsung Ultra note 20 to try to set it up. My husband have tried through Iphone X. Both with nighthawk app, and the browser version of set up.

Every time it shows it has full connection to the wifi router. I have tried reseting it several times now and tried through both wifi and connecting the extender with a LAN cable to the wall (which is all connected to the router).

It sets up, says the connection is fine, I can connect all my devices to the extender, but there is just never internet. There is nothing wrong with the wifi router and I am using the internet fine when on the normal wifi.

What can I more do?

Kind regards

Jessie

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900 Wifi mesh extender - no internet

What actual router are you connect it to? 

what actual firmware is on it? 

are you setting it up in the same room and then moving it further away?

Message 2 of 5
Snailshark
Aspirant

The router, I am not sure. I know I have the antenna right outside my door. I am at a hotel. They have checked so there is no software/firmware blocking the extender. It is a open hotel wifi. I have tried going to the same room as the router for wifi set-up and it is connected so we can have a lan cable in the room too which I have also tried. I am currently using the lan for my laptop but tried it through the extender and there is no internet.

I can not see what firmware the extender has but I got it last week and I spoke to support a few days ago and they checked so everything was right except figuring out this part.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Most hotels require some sort of acceptance of a terms and conditions. 

What you're wanting is a travel router that supports wisp mode. That extender doesn't support wisp mode. 
I only know of 1 netgear device that supports it with stock firmware and its way out dated. 

Message 4 of 5
Snailshark
Aspirant

I asked and there is nothing other then the wifi password. There was no accepting conditions when I joined the wifi on my phone nor laptop either other then the password required which I have set up with the router. But I will look into getting a travel router that supports wisp. Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7