AC1900 failing/resetting itself ... need RMA help

amercer
Follower

AC1900 failing/resetting itself ... need RMA help

Nighthawk AC1900 Cable Modem WiFi Router

Xfinity Service - 200Mbps downstream

Upgraded my Xfinity service (100Mbps to 200Mbps). The WiFi was acting "wonky" off and on before that, but once XF sent the new provisioning signal to the modem, it's been a disaster. The modem frequently mysteriously reboots itself and/or loses connectivity to the internet. Even when it's up and running, the WiFi signaling isn't delivering downstream speeds above 10-15Mbps. I've opened a case using the myNetgear site, but I purchased the device back in October and so am out of the "free" 90 day support term. I think I just need to get the unit RMA'd but saw another post here on the forums stating that it was best to work that through here for help doing that rather than calling them.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Adam

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900 failing/resetting itself ... need RMA help

the forum isn't where you go for rma. You'll click on mynetgear at the top. Register an account and then the device. From there you can start the rma process. 

With that out of the way, potentially we can help you. 

1. log into the modem and get a screen snip of the modem cable connections. it'll have upstream/downstream data including snr/power levels/errors.  Get all that and the logs. Screen snip them and post them back here. 

2. did you ever reset the C7000 after the re-provisioning? Or have them re-provision it? I've had them send the wrong file before. 

3. If you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, try removing them. 

4. make sure any speedtesting is done over a hardwired connection to make sure it isn't a wifi issue. 

Current setup: CM2000-> RBKE963B-> Trendnet TEG-S380-> GS716T-> pi-hole
also in AP setup: RAXE500->EAX80
1.4gig download/50mbps upload from Xfinity
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E