egab23
Follower

AC1900 not connecting to certain pieces of hardwarde after latest firmware update

My work laptop now will connect to my router with no internet access displayed. Because it is a VPN it has done this on and off before with no issue. However, now there is literally no connection at all, even to where I cannot log into the VPN. I have had my work diagnose and the laptop and VPN setting are fine. 

The router connects to all my smart equipment fine, and is wired to my Xbox, also fine. This all happened yesterday after the last firmware update. I have unplugged my modem, my router, both together and tried smart connect as an option as well...all have failed. Short of getting a new router, Im running out of ideas, please help.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1900 not connecting to certain pieces of hardwarde after latest firmware update

Have you tried to roll back to the old firmware to see if this goes back to normal? If so you may need to upgrade the router to the latest firmware and then perform a factory reset and set the router up again. The issue could be an issue with the config after updating the firmware.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements