Re: AC1900 restarts from cold boot/restart.

Marc43
Aspirant

AC1900 restarts from cold boot/restart.

Hello, been having this problem since I got this router about 2 months ago, but either from a cold start or restart of my PC the router randomly reboots. Now when I say random it could go a day or 2 or even longer without doing this. I already talked to Netgear and they first tried to point the finger at my APC unit, which I was like I could maybe believe that if it happened as soon as I pushed the power button on my PC, but I'm already sitting at my login for Windows 10 or in some cases already logged in. The last thing the Netgear rep had me do was hold the small button in to factory reset the router, which I said to him won't that wipe the firmware version and he said no and it didn't. I'm running version, V1.2.0.42_1.0.1 and am using Windows 10 64 bit edition. All I know is this should not be happening to something right out of the box and I am not gonna pay Netgear over $100 to extend my warranty for a year so they can figure this out. So, has anybody esle found the solution for this issue? The router works fine otherewise and never restarts on it's own and just when doing a cold start or restart as mentioned.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to swap ethernet cables? Do you have the router and PC on separate power outlets?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Marc43
Aspirant

I could try different ethernet wires, but I would think if there is something wrong with the wire that it would act up all the time, but worth a try. As for the power outlet, I talked to Netgear and they mentioned about that, which as I told them I could maybe believe it was a power problem if the router restarted as soon as or like right after I would push the power button. But, I'm usually sitting at the Windows sign in screen for a minute or so or even logged in and then it happens.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements