Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2400 wifi not working at all after V1.2.0.88_1.0.1 firmware update

joesmo
Aspirant

AC2400 wifi not working at all after V1.2.0.88_1.0.1 firmware update

I don't know what is going on. Before I did the firmware update my 2.4GH internet was working. Not my 5G. Now, I have done the update and neither work. the lights are not working on the router and plugged in to the router is showing an error. I have rebooted the router and reset the router. What is going on? Apparently you have to buy a support plan to talk to someone? What is that? Need help. 

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: AC2400 wifi not working at all after V1.2.0.88_1.0.1 firmware update

@joesmo wrote:

I don't know what is going on. Before I did the firmware update my 2.4GH internet was working. Not my 5G. Now, I have done the update and neither work----Might be worth downgrading to an older firmware if the newer firmware causes issues. . the lights are not working on the router---which lights? be precise. and plugged in to the router is showing an error.----what error are you getting? Again, details are key since we aren't there to see whats going on.  I have rebooted the router and reset the router.----and what happened when you reset? Pushed and held reset for up to 15 seconds while powered on? What is going on? ---tough to know with minimal info. Apparently you have to buy a support plan to talk to someone? What is that?----its on the box. Support is only free from 90 days of puchase. If its a hardware failure, then warranty is 1 year (2 in some markets) on new devices. Need help. 

Message 2 of 6
joesmo
Aspirant

Holy moly. There is a WIFI button on this device I never knew about. I always thought it was simply a light. Wow. Somehow the button was turned off, no idea why. I got it turned back on and now the 2.4g works. For some reason the 5G still is not working though. Light is showing on but not blinking, meaning it's not doing anything. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

yes, if the light is on but not blinking, it usually means nothing is connected/transmitting on it. 

Do you have a 5ghz device you can connect to it? 

Message 4 of 6
joesmo
Aspirant

Yes. I've been monitoring it with my iphone to see if a signal ever pops up in my iphone wifi settings. But nothing yet. So we know the radio signal for 5G is working and we know wired and 2.4 wifi is working too. So something specific to 5G. 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Any other devices you can try? 

Did you log into the router to see if the ssid broadcast was disabled? 

Have you tried a wireless channel scanner like inssider?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7