Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2600 Power Light blinking white after firmware update

PurplePaper
Follower

AC2600 Power Light blinking white after firmware update

I tried to update my router to latest version of firmware through the mobile app. I waited until update was finished and confirmation to connect to my home Wi-Fi. I never did get confirmation that I could connect back to wifi. I checked my router and the power light is white, blinks and cycles and nothing else. I looked up a solution to this and tried resetting my router, and tftpd2/tftp2 methods and am unsuccessful. Unsure of what to do next, internet/wifi was working perfectly before I tried to update firmware
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: AC2600 Power Light blinking white after firmware update

@PurplePaper wrote:
I tried to update my router to latest version of firmware through the mobile app.

That's a shame. It isn't the most reliable way of going about it.

@PurplePaper wrote:
I looked up a solution to this and tried resetting my router, and tftpd2/tftp2 methods and am unsuccessful.

That doesn't tell us anythung about what you did and where it went wrong.

There is more severe, recovery reset, that you could try:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If it works, you may be able to use the usual method to flash the firmware again.

Download the latest firmware for your device – or an older version if that is what you want – and read the Release Notes for how to install it.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If that fails, you are into TFTP country.

Is this the thung you followed?

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This also explains how to tell Windows to use TFTP on your PC.

This isn't the easiest operation. You may have to make several attempts to get the timing right.

The good news is that TFTP has rescued many a dead device.

It can help to follow a video of the process. Here's one of the many out there. It applies to most Netgear devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7