Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC2600 Youtube Adobe Flash being blocked

jkab
Aspirant

AC2600 Youtube Adobe Flash being blocked

The router seems to be blocking Youtube website and Adobe flash content.  Thought it was the laptop but other old laptop had the same issue.  Checked updates on laptop and connected directly to modem and it works fine but when connect to the route, it blocks.  When I run a speed test on cell app, I get 0 download.  Is that where the problem is?  Otherwise, every other web traffic seems fine.  I did a ping test (ping www.yahoo.com -f -l 1472) and checked MTU is 1500, so that didn't seem to be an issue that the chat person thought.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you try to change the DNS server on your devices?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you try to change the DNS server on your devices?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
01R_
Guide

i dont think youtube uses flash anymore   on my pc youtube uses html5 or something like that cuz i dont have flash installed

Message 3 of 6
jkab
Aspirant

Looks like it was the ISP IP addresses that were the issue. I changed and then put it back to dynamic and then it worked.  Not really sure what was wrong but now I get Youtube and adobe flash player working.

Message 4 of 6
jkab
Aspirant

Looks like it is happening again.  Youtube is being blocked by the router. Anyone know why this might be happening?  The IP Addresses are dynamic.  I switched like I did the last time to static back to dynamic, reset the router a couple of times and still Youtube is being blocked and adobe flash player isn't working on a Facebook game like before.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to change your DNS?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation