AC3200, C3000

jlivingstone
Follower

AC3200, C3000

We have previously used a C3000 modem/router for WIFI in our house, but the signal is not strong enough.  Purchased an AC3200 that we have to connect through the C3000.  At first, the SSID did show up as a possible WIFI network, but I somehow messed it up while trying to complete set up and now only the old SSID (from the C3000) is showing up on my list of WIFI networks.  I have unplugged and started over, but no avail.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!!!

Message 1 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: AC3200, C3000

@jlivingstone wrote:

We have previously used a C3000 modem/router for WIFI in our house, but the signal is not strong enough.  Purchased an AC3200 that we have to connect through the C3000.  At first, the SSID did show up as a possible WIFI network, but I somehow messed it up while trying to complete set up and now only the old SSID (from the C3000) is showing up on my list of WIFI networks.  I have unplugged and started over, but no avail.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!!!

Are both routers using the same ssid's?

If so you will only see one ssid for the network great if you are after a mesh network set up but not the way if you different ssid's for each router they must have different ssid's.

Sorry with knowing what you are trying to do and the way you what it work it is hard to help with the posting but I am guessing that the routers are a R7900 and R8000 from the speed posted about each router. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: AC3200, C3000

@jlivingstone wrote:

At first, the SSID did show up as a possible WIFI network, but I somehow messed it up while trying to complete set up and now only the old SSID (from the C3000) is showing up on my list of WIFI networks.  I have unplugged and started over, but no avail. 

Reset the new box to its factory settings and go through the process all over again.Carefully!

AC3200 isn't a model number, just a wifi speed, or I'd give you a link to the manual.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E