Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC3200, R8000 - Router IP invalid and router login page unreachable.

MikeSee
Aspirant

AC3200, R8000 - Router IP invalid and router login page unreachable.

Just bought the router, (today) and ran through the setup genie.  

Router IP is invalid. 24.36.32.1   and the login page doesn't work.   routerlogin dot net  or .com .   Nothing works.    I tried a soft reset of the modem and the router.   Created a new network connection etc.   Nothing. 

Same issue.     Using win 10. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this so I can access my router?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
MikeSee
Aspirant

So I'm gonna end the thread here.   I fixed this issue myself without any help from you people.      Simple answer I did a hard reset on the router and did the initial setup again,    This time the router had the standard IP assigned.   192.xxx.xxx.x   .   

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@MikeSee wrote:

Router IP is invalid. 24.36.32.1 

...who says or shows this? 

@MikeSee wrote:

...and the login page doesn't work.

Somewhat strange - is the the WAN (Internet) IP address, or is this a the LAN IP address? 

Commonly, on does use RFC1918 private IP addresses on a LAN, which are NATed to the WAN/Internet port. This IP address belongs to Cogeco Cable Canada Inc.

By default, the Nighthawk routers use 192.168.1.0/24 subnet on the LAN, and the LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1.

And then, the WAN/Internet port is assigned by the ISP, in most environments, you don't have to configure these - even if you subscribe with your ISP for public routable address. Should you have a complete netblock from this ISP for your home/business/orgnisation assigned by your ISP?

@MikeSee wrote:

How do you (try to) access the router at all? Using a Wireless connection to the router, using the SSID and the WPA-PSK printed on the router label on the back? Using a wired Ethernet connection?

@MikeSee wrote:

...routerlogin dot net  or .com .   Nothing works.

These domains are workable only when connected form the local (W)LAN side, to or through the router.

Hard to help - not enough information.

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

If you have an iOS or Android mobile, consider using the "Netgear Up!" or the "Genie" App to discover your router, and the Network Map (push and hold on the router) and use Details to sho the router LAN IP address.

Message 3 of 6
MikeSee
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

@MikeSee wrote:

Router IP is invalid. 24.36.32.1 

...who says or shows this? 

@MikeSee wrote:

...and the login page doesn't work.

Somewhat strange - is the the WAN (Internet) IP address, or is this a the LAN IP address? 

Commonly, on does use RFC1918 private IP addresses on a LAN, which are NATed to the WAN/Internet port. This IP address belongs to Cogeco Cable Canada Inc.

By default, the Nighthawk routers use 192.168.1.0/24 subnet on the LAN, and the LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1.

And then, the WAN/Internet port is assigned by the ISP, in most environments, you don't have to configure these - even if you subscribe with your ISP for public routable address. Should you have a complete netblock from this ISP for your home/business/orgnisation assigned by your ISP?

@MikeSee wrote:

How do you (try to) access the router at all? Using a Wireless connection to the router, using the SSID and the WPA-PSK printed on the router label on the back? Using a wired Ethernet connection?

@MikeSee wrote:

...routerlogin dot net  or .com .   Nothing works.

These domains are workable only when connected form the local (W)LAN side, to or through the router.

Hard to help - not enough information.

Yeah that wasn't helpful.    I know how a router works.    Who shows the invalid ip?  ...   people who know the IP is invalid, in other words ...  not a real IP.  

Message 4 of 6
MikeSee
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

If you have an iOS or Android mobile, consider using the "Netgear Up!" or the "Genie" App to discover your router, and the Network Map (push and hold on the router) and use Details to sho the router LAN IP address.

Yeah not helpful.   When you use a netgear router for the first time, the netgear genie automatically starts and guides you through the setup.    If you actually knew this brand of router, you would know this this already.   Try educating yourself before copy and pasting info you find on the net.  

Message 5 of 6
MikeSee
Aspirant

So I'm gonna end the thread here.   I fixed this issue myself without any help from you people.      Simple answer I did a hard reset on the router and did the initial setup again,    This time the router had the standard IP assigned.   192.xxx.xxx.x   .   

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7