Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3200 X6 R8000 NOT WORKING all lights stay on but internet light

USMC1775UCT
Aspirant

AC3200 X6 R8000 NOT WORKING all lights stay on but internet light

My router just stopped working nothing I can do to get any device to see it. I have unplugged it for hours and plugged it back in the lights all come on right away no flashing and they all stay on except the internet light. I have tried to press and hold the rest button nothing happens i spent way to much to dish out another 300
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: AC3200 X6 R8000 NOT WORKING all lights stay on but internet light

@USMC1775UCT wrote:
My router just stopped working nothing I can do to get any device to see it. I have unplugged it for hours and plugged it back in the lights all come on right away no flashing and they all stay on except the internet light.

From what I can make out from your photo, the power LED on your router is orange. That is wrong.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

If I am right, then you may have corrupt firmware.

There is more severe, recovery reset, that you could try:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If it works, you may be able to use the usual method to flash the firmware again.

Download the latest firmware for your device – or an older version if that is what you want – and read the Release Notes for how to install it.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If that fails, you are into TFTP country.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This also explains how to tell Windows to use TFTP on your PC.

This isn't the easiest operation, so if you are forced to use it, you could try a web search to find videos that guide you through the process.

The good news is that TFTP has rescued many a dead device.

Message 2 of 5
USMC1775UCT
Aspirant

When connecting the Internet cable my computer still does not recognise nor does any light come on at the ethernet ports so I have no way to upload any firmware to the device I have tried the 30 seconds Before & After reboot with no success. I have tried different cables and hook up a blkin router everything works when connecting that. Is there another way to connect your router to the computer other than the ethernet because it is not working
Message 3 of 5

It is hard to tell from your description if you have followed the instructions in the TFTP link.

This is not an easy thing to do, so it may help to find a video that you can follow to take you through the process step by step:

tftp netgear video - Google Search

This is one of several:

The process is the same regardless of the brand of router.

Message 4 of 5

Can you confirm that the power LED on the router of a steady amber colour and is not blinking?

That was a guess on my part. You did not tell us if this really is the case.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7