Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC3200 rebooting issues

Olduser69
Aspirant

AC3200 rebooting issues

I am having an issue with my Router rebooting all the time. This happened since downloading and instaling the newest firmware for security reasons. I am having the same issues as this topic ( https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000-rebooting/td-p/494441/page/2 )

I thought by spending $300 for a top of the line router I wouldnt have connection issues but it seems this model is super buggy since the update. I bought the unit in July and never had rebooting issues or IP changes. Now when it reboots it changes the ip's of a few connections. I have since reserved the ip's so they dont change (for remote vpn login reasons). I get regular loss of wifi signal on the 5ghz signals. I only attach 1-2 streaming media devices to those ports (amazon fire stick, apple tv ect...) and they seem to work ok for a while but drop after about 45min of use. 

Any ideas on this. It seems that this model has been buggy for years since it was released. I only have 2 hard line connections and around 5-8 wifi connected devices at a time. Again as I said I havent had an issue until the firmware was updated. It seems like it corrupted the router. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Olduser69,

Try to reset the router to factory default.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Olduser69,

Try to reset the router to factory default.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Olduser69,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
Olduser69
Aspirant

I reset the router and it did not change. Router kept rebooting. I did find however that one PC on my lan network was compromised and apparently someone had got in through an open port/vpn setup and was manually rebooting my router. Unsure if it was ISP or an attacker. I have since rebooted router again and closed all ports and disabled VPN with OpenVPN I had set up. I switched OS and have not had a single reboot issue since. I will monitor this issue and report back if I continue having issues. It’s been over a week now with no reboots.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7