Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC4000 TRI BAND X6S Wireless devices won't connect and can't be added to my network since new modem

V-Rex1
Aspirant

AC4000 TRI BAND X6S Wireless devices won't connect and can't be added to my network since new modem

Hi,

I recently had to buy a new modem for my internet service (Xfinity) because my old one went obsolete.  I purchased a Nighthawk CM 2050V to replace my old CM1000. Xfinity added the device no problem however now all my other wireless devices in my home (X-Box, PS4, Streaming boxes, smart phone, tablet, etc) can't be added to my network.  I access the web fine but only from my pc. I've tried shutting down, restarting, disconnecting and even a hard reboot/reset - no luck. My devices all detect my network but full connectivity doesn't happen and I get error messages to that effect. If all else fails I can always get a replacement router but I hope that's my last choice. Any tips or fixes anyone? Thanks! 🙂

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC4000 TRI BAND X6S Wireless devices won't connect and can't be added to my network since new m

Try this. 

power off the modem and the router and disconnect everything from both. Even the coax from the modem. 

Wait a couple minutes. 

connect coax back to the modem and power it on. 

give it a couple minutes to fully boot. 

connect the lan cable from it to the router. 

Then power the router on and give it a couple minutes.

does it work? 

If not, try that same procedure but factory reset the router by pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds. 

What firmware is on the router? 

What was the prior modem from xfinity? 

Message 2 of 3
V-Rex1
Aspirant

Re: AC4000 TRI BAND X6S Wireless devices won't connect and can't be added to my network since new m

Hello,

I took all those actions without success. Ultimately my ISP sent a technician who had me re-install my router while he intiated a system modem push/reset. It took two resets and that cleared eveything up. Everything works now.  I asked if he had an opinion on the cause and he said he has seen this issue crop up occasionally. It's remedied by having the ISP do a modem push rather than the user reset. All good now. Thanks for the help! 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7