Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC5000 Nighthawk x8 wifi speed very slow

ktizzle
Aspirant

AC5000 Nighthawk x8 wifi speed very slow

I have the Nighthawk AC5000(Costco edition) firmware is V1.01.23(says it's current). 

On initial setup my wifi speeds are great, however at some point they fall off the map. It's the same if I hardwire into the router. If I hardwire directly into my modem my speed are fine. 

230mbps direct into the modem .5something mbps from the router. 

I performed a hard reset and ran through the setup again and get the speeds back up but again after a few hours they drop. 

anybody else experiencing this? any help would be amazing or this is going back to Costco.

thx!

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ktizzle
Aspirant

Sorry for not replying that I had figured out my solution but thank you for your support. I found that I was getting interference from some wifi repeaters. Once I unplugged them everything was fine. Plus the router is stronger than my previous model so I don't even need the repeaters anymore.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ktizzle
Aspirant

Another issue has now popped up. I now for some reason can no longer log into the router. I'm starting to thing I have a bad unit!

Message 2 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @ktizzle

What's the exact model number of the NETGEAR device?

It seems that it could be a hardware issue. 

Did try reflashing/reinstalling the firmware? 
After reinstalling the firmware, do a factory reset then reconfigure the router to get the Internet connection back and observe your connection. 

Message 3 of 5
ktizzle
Aspirant

Sorry for not replying that I had figured out my solution but thank you for your support. I found that I was getting interference from some wifi repeaters. Once I unplugged them everything was fine. Plus the router is stronger than my previous model so I don't even need the repeaters anymore.

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's great! 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements