Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router Setup issues

OverworkedFish
Aspirant

AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router Setup issues

Hi

I am not sure why netgear make setup so tedious.

I downloaded the nighthawk app and connected my phone to the Netgear-20 network and attempted to sign in as admin with the default password, (password) but the app spits the dummy.

So, I connect via wifi on my surface  - still does not accept the defaults as detailed.

Hmmm. I need support. So I go to the netgear site and try to register my product and it tells me that its not a valid serial number!

Netgear you really need to be more user friendly!

Meantime can anybody address my issue?

My gut tells me that the store may have sold this unit before and the previous purchaser changed the password, but there are no inbox instructions on how to reset it.

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router Setup issues

Only way to reset password is to reset the router. That is done by holding in the reset button located on back of router for about 10 seconds or until the lights start flashing. The the default password of password should work. 

For intial setup I prefer using a PC Ethernet connected to router, then putting in the router's IP address, usually 192.168.1.1 into a browser and login and configure from there, rather the the sometimes broken apps. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

Only way to reset password is to reset the router. That is done by holding in the reset button located on back of router for about 10 seconds or until the lights start flashing. The the default password of password should work. 

For intial setup I prefer using a PC Ethernet connected to router, then putting in the router's IP address, usually 192.168.1.1 into a browser and login and configure from there, rather the the sometimes broken apps. 

Message 2 of 4
OverworkedFish
Aspirant

Hi Bill

Thanks for your assistance.

Would appear that my instinct was right - someone had amended the password. I just wish tech stores would reset stuff that customers return before re-selling it.

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

Glad you are on the way. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements