Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX12

JosephGallagher
Follower

AX12

I have been running an AX12 router for about a year.  I have multiple devices including 4 streaming televisions.  In the last few weeks the router continues to looose connections with my devices.  After several minutes they may reconnect or I would need to manually reconnect.  Is this an issue with only this router?  Is there any solution?  I tend to like Netgear products, however I am thinking to replace this router with another brand to see if it solves my dilemma.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: AX12

Before tossing it, have you tried a factory reset and reconfigure from scratch?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AX12

A couple things. 

1. the RAX200 was released before the AX spec was finalized. Some of its firmware comes direct from broadcoms underlying drivers. 

Its responded favorably to factory resets after firmware changes. If you have issues after firmware changes, try the reset like @microchip8 says. 

2. because the underlying drivers are changing with some of the firmwares, the problem could always be the underlying driver. Try downgrading the firmware, factory resetting, and reinstalling. disable auto updates and see if it works better. If it doesn't, leave the update disabled until a new one comes out. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7