About the nondetachable antenna of R7000

Eternight
Aspirant

About the nondetachable antenna of R7000

I have recently perchased R7000 and found that three antennas are non-removable. They were already connected to the router. I watched some openboxing videos and found the antennas shall be separately packaged. Although everything goes well but I still feel odd. Agent said there are different versions of R7000. Is there any offical announcement about different versions released? Or the antennas of the latest product are all non-removable?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: About the nondetachable antenna of R7000

Not sure why you inend to remove the antennas - connectors create loss, and some antennas cause issues (or are are breaking the regulatory limited emitted power...).

When reading the docs (Quick Start or Data Sheet) on https://netgear.com/support -> R7000 -> Documentation the QSG shows three individual antennas, the data sheet says:

===

Package Contents
• Nighthawk® AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000)
Three (3) detachable antennas
===

What does yur R7000 product label show exactly - hide serial number and MAC only - please?

Investigating a litle bit more does show this link: 

https://fccid.io/PY318300420/Internal-Photos/Internal-photos-4107460 - these imagres show non-detacheable antennas. Now, in my opinion, that's again not correct @ChristineT  - unless QSG and UM would changed or updated accordingly. 

Message 2 of 3
Eternight
Aspirant

Re: About the nondetachable antenna of R7000

Thank you schumaku.

Attached photo is captured form the box.It is interesting that "detachable" does not mentioned before antennas in Package Contents. 

I have checked the product label. No hide serial name or "MAC only" on the label. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E