Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Control Blocking my Device Randomly

Deschain23
Follower

Access Control Blocking my Device Randomly

Hi Guys,

So I just got the netgear nighthawk AC1900 yesterday. I got it all set up via the nighthawk app. I then noticed within the app that you could disconnect devices via device manager. I wanted to test this on my iphone, so I pressed disconnect (mind you, this is the main admin phone for the router). 

In order to reconnect the phone, I went onto the netgear <routerlogin.net> and went into access control. I then clicked allow on the phone I had blocked (mine) and applied the new settings. Worked like a charm and my phone had Internet access again.

However, the next morning when I went to use my wifi with the phone, it wasn't working. Upon going back to the router site, I saw the phone was blocked again (somehow happened automatically). I switched it back allowed, and again it worked (until the same thing happened again later that afternoon). 

I have since reallowed the phone again, and unplugged the router and modem, waiting a few minutes, then plugged back in. So far no issues, thought its only been about an hour. Any idea on what could be causing the router to automatically switch my phone to blocked on its own? Could it be because the other times, I didn't turn the router on and off after changing settings? 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Access Control Blocking my Device Randomly

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7