Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Control filtering not working on Windows 10 machine running NetGenie

MVolker
Aspirant

Access Control filtering not working on Windows 10 machine running NetGenie

Only my Windows 10 machine on which the NetGenie program is loaded, does the Access Control filtering not work at all.  My PC is running DHCP ipv4.  I have adjusted the filtering level on my computer to High and also "default level on router."  Clearing the ip address and getting refreshing the ip address made no difference.  How can I get this Windows 10 machine to filter content?  Filtering works on my Chromebook.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Access Control filtering not working on Windows 10 machine running NetGenie

Hi MVolker,

Try changing the default to High and change each device filtering level to low and check if it will work.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi MVolker,

1. Did you change the filtering level of this PC to high on the network map?

2. Did you set static DNS or IP on your computer?

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi MVolker,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
MVolker
Aspirant

1.  Yes, I changed the filtering level in the network map to high for this PC on which the access control filtering is failing.  It made no difference.  I also rebooted the Netgear router.  The only change to this PC is that it is now running Windows 10 instead of Windows 7.

2.  No, I have not set a static address on this computer, instead I am using dynamic IP addressing (DHCP).  It pulls a 192.168.1.x address just fine.  Also, the OpenDNS diagnostic tool seems to have been able to traceroute to the DNS server provided by the Netgear router.

Interesting that access control filtering works fine on my Chrombook but falis now on this Windows 10 Lenovo.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi MVolker,

Try changing the default to High and change each device filtering level to low and check if it will work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7