Re: Access Control - unable to block a device

lcotton
Aspirant

Access Control - unable to block a device

Hi

I have recently purchased a netgear router Nighthawk R7800. I have been trying to block devices under Security -> Access Control.

(Other than the fact this does not actually do what I wanted - I have sent a previous query about that) there is a connected device that I cannot seem to block.

The router is allowing me to select it and attempt to block it, but having pressed 'Block' and 'Ok' when the page is refreshed it indicates the device is still 'Allowed'.

The mac address indicates an InProc Com device, which I guess could just be the network card.

I have not yet found the device with the reported iP address (still looking)

Has anyone seen this issue before or have an idea why it might be refusing to block ?
Any suggestions on means of deubugging this - local log files ?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It could be a wired device that you can not block as that list only blocks wireless connections.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
lcotton
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

As far as I know I do not have any wired devices - the only wired connnection is the modem to the router.

Currently trying to find the offending device by looking at the ip addresses of all the devices I know about - no luck so far.

Message 3 of 4
lcotton
Aspirant

Quick update:

So far I still have not been able to find the device and said device has dropped off the 'Attached Devices' list. Still investigating.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E