Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin Account Updates

GS2021
Aspirant

Admin Account Updates

I have a concern around how to see or even update my Admin account on the router.  I had issues logging in and was prompted for (2) additional security questions which I answered....but was blocked because my response was "wrong"

How do I get access to that Admin account validation to make sure it is correct or even to update it appropriately?  For what it's worth, I was able to stumble across my correct password and I have access to the router once again.....thanks

Model: RS400|Nigthhawk AC2300 Cybersecurity WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Admin Account Updates

@GS2021 wrote:

I have a concern around how to see or even update my Admin account on the router.  I had issues logging in and was prompted for (2) additional security questions which I answered....but was blocked because my response was "wrong"

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
GS2021
Aspirant

Thanks for that update.....wonder if it will ever get fixed(?)

So if I do the factory reset I get tp start all over.

What happens to all of the devices (currently 11) tied to the router?

Will they reconnect or do I manually have to attach them again ??

Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

> What happens to all of the devices (currently 11) tied to the router?

"tied" _how_?  Ethernet cable?  Wireless?

> Will they reconnect or do I manually have to attach them again ??

What, exactly, does "attach them" mean to you?  How did you "attach
them" the first time?

If you reset the settings on the router, then you reset the wireless
security settings (SSID, passphrase) on the router, and then wireless
devices which use some other credentials will not be able to connect.

If you configure the wireless security settings on the router to be
the same as before, then a wireless device which could connect before
should be able to connect again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7