Admin Login Page

Twokamprs
Aspirant

Admin Login Page

In the Community I see many questions about logging into the Admin page, but no useable answers.  Would someone please send me the link to the admin login page.  thank you

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Re: Admin Login Page

@Twokamprs wrote:

In the Community I see many questions about logging into the Admin page, but no useable answers.  Would someone please send me the link to the admin login page.  thank you

I assume you want to login to the router? If so, open a browser and then enter for the URL the Gateway IP Address of the router. In most cases this will be the default of 192.168.1.1. That should produce a USERID and PASSWORD prompt. Then enter what might be those values on the bottom of your router OR the default ones (for older routers) of 'admin' and 'password.

You should then be able to view and make settings changes.

Message 2 of 9
ninja661
Luminary

another way is to go to routerlogin.net and that should take you to the router login as well.

Message 3 of 9
Twokamprs
Aspirant

I tried you're second log in suggestion and it worked fine.  Thank you very much.  I was also able to reboot my router easily.  But now I have another question.  While I was in that site, I saw reference to resetting my router.  Can you tell me the difference between resetting and rebooting?  Also, how often should I do those functions?  Thank you again.

Message 4 of 9
IrvSp
Master

@Twokamprs wrote:

I tried you're second log in suggestion and it worked fine.  Thank you very much.  I was also able to reboot my router easily.  But now I have another question.  While I was in that site, I saw reference to resetting my router.  Can you tell me the difference between resetting and rebooting?  Also, how often should I do those functions?  Thank you again.

I assume you mean the notice on top of the page for VPN malware ("Protect against VPNFilter Malware - Update Your Router's Default Admin Password. Learn More")?  That only tells you to power off and on. That will remove any connections to the outside made and defeat the malware.

RESET is a completely different 'animal'. It will CLEAR all settings, and in some cases even all passwords and userid's.

Message 5 of 9
ticork
Tutor

I work for Comcast in Tier 2, wireless gateway

3 different types of reboots...

soft reset - powercycle

hard reset - (factory default) settings are loaded upon powercycle

provisioning reset(modem) - on this type of reset, we will some your modem a small packet that contains a bootfile. This will tell your modem how fast its allowed to send and receive data.

Message 6 of 9
ninja660
Guide

Ever so true, reboot is just a restart of the router (like a 3 finger salute in ye olden day - ctrl alt & delete keys on an older gen of PC) but reset is just like you unpacked the router out of the box the 1st time and powered it up - all settings are cleared and need to be reset. There are some new settings in the new firmware and the way the router acts on reset is different too now as when you do a reset and the router comes up, you are prompted with a series of questions before it allows uou to continue as before in the older firmware.
Message 7 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Twokamprs

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 9
ninja660
Guide

I still can't get to the support pages for submitting documentation to the support agent I have been dealing with.  The pages still come up blank - even after doing the cache clearing browser restarts etc.  Anyone else still having the same problems?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements