Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Admin password

Melissa21
Aspirant

Admin password

I just got the router today, downloaded app, and connected with no issues. Registered and all that. I'm trying to look at the settings on the router and it asked for admin login. admin was already there for username so I wrote password for the password. It said login failed. So I googled to find admin password and it said it was password so tried like 4 times, made sure it was all lowercase and all that and still didn't work and took me to router password reecovery where it asked for the routers serial number. Since I registerd and the serial number was in the email I just copied and pasted to be sure I typed it correct but the "continue" button is not showing up so I just click where it is and nothing happens. I will upload the file showing this but since this is a public forum I have deleted part of the serial number just to be safe. The continue button looks the same either way.  

I looked around trying to find a solution but not finding anything.

Some one please help what do I do? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Melissa21
Aspirant

After the first reply I went to google how to reset the modem. I did reset it held the button for 7 seconds and the lights went off and blinked about it never reset as far as I could tell. Anyways i still had the app on my phone and when I went into it, it had me logged in for some reason. So I clicked the little eye to see the password that was there and it showed me so I know the password lol! 

Not used to all this. I had a super old router from charter (spectrum). Very happy with my ugprade and so are the kids! Now to get the xbox connected..lol off to another part of the forum.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

During a set up after a factory reset or initial set up, walking the wizard will have you input the PW. If you have typed this in correctly, it should be set for later use. Default PW used to be password. However wizards are having users set a new PW upon setting this up.

I would do a factory reset and set up the wizard again. You don't have to use upper case characters. Keep it simple.

@Melissa21wrote:

I just got the router today, downloaded app, and connected with no issues. Registered and all that. I'm trying to look at the settings on the router and it asked for admin login. admin was already there for username so I wrote password for the password. It said login failed. So I googled to find admin password and it said it was password so tried like 4 times, made sure it was all lowercase and all that and still didn't work and took me to router password reecovery where it asked for the routers serial number. Since I registerd and the serial number was in the email I just copied and pasted to be sure I typed it correct but the "continue" button is not showing up so I just click where it is and nothing happens. I will upload the file showing this but since this is a public forum I have deleted part of the serial number just to be safe. The continue button looks the same either way.  

I looked around trying to find a solution but not finding anything.

Some one please help what do I do? 

Message 2 of 6
Melissa21
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6

Did you find this?

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Is this a wifi connection to the router? If so, you need to connect to the wifi first. That has its own password. See the label.

Remember, when adding a router to a modem you need to start everything in the right order so that bits on the network get the right addresses.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Since I registerd and the serial number was in the email I just copied and pasted to be sure I typed it correct but the "continue" button is not showing up so I just click where it is and nothing happens.

Remember, if you registered through the MyNetgear site, unless you have set it up that way the password fir that will not be the same as the password to get into the router.

There is a bug in Netgear's systems which means that if you have password recovery enabled, but haven't given it any security answers it can put you in a closed loop where it constantly asks you for information that does not exist.

The easiest thing to do is probably to factory reset the router. That gets you back to the default password. Then you can start the setup from scratch.

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 5 of 6
Melissa21
Aspirant

After the first reply I went to google how to reset the modem. I did reset it held the button for 7 seconds and the lights went off and blinked about it never reset as far as I could tell. Anyways i still had the app on my phone and when I went into it, it had me logged in for some reason. So I clicked the little eye to see the password that was there and it showed me so I know the password lol! 

Not used to all this. I had a super old router from charter (spectrum). Very happy with my ugprade and so are the kids! Now to get the xbox connected..lol off to another part of the forum.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7